Thursday 14 May 2015

Tandoori Chicken Marinade

I love, love, love Indian food!  That said, I think I have mentioned my dairy allergy and unfortunately most Indian restaurants use butter, cream, and/or yogurt in their recipes so we don't eat Indian out anymore.  In my quest to enjoy a good Indian meal, I have spent a lot of time developing recipes that are dairy-free and also easy on the digestion.  I only have my Korma and 'Butter' chicken recipes up on the site but will eventually get around to the rest of our favourites.  

This Tandoori marinade is great with any kind of chicken.  We like chicken thighs because they tend to have a lot more flavour and are more tender than chicken breast but use your favourite cut of chicken including drumsticks. 




  • 1 cup plain soy milk (or any kind of milk)
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. allspice
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
  • 2 bird's eye chilli peppers
  • 2 tsps. sweet paprika
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1 Tbsp. ginger, grated or chopped
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 4 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 1 small onion, peeled and cut roughly into chunks

Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.  Pour marinade over chicken and marinate in a plastic bag or glass container for 12-24 hours in the fridge.  Remove chicken from marinade and barbecue or bake until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment